Announcements for Sunday’s Ward Conference
This Sunday we will be having Ward Conference with the Weaverville Ward at the Asheville Ward building. Here are some things to know:
- During the second hour there will be a combined RS/EQ meeting in the chapel for those not serving in primary or youth callings.
- Primary will be held as normal.
- A combined Aaronic Priesthood class will be held, room TBA.
- A combined YW class will be held, room TBA.
- There will be a luncheon provided by the Stake after the block of meetings. The Weaverville ward will be bringing desserts and we have been asked to bring fruits, veggies, or finger food snacks.
Mental and Emotional Wellness Activity Recap
Thank you to our Activity Committee and all those who participated in our activity last week. It was wonderful to see so many of you there and to learn about the importance of caring for our emotional and mental health. Here are some additional resources from one of our presenters, Sister Annette Racer.
Mental Health Resources
Therapists employed by the Church
John Morgan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Earhart – email@example.com
Counseling Center with payments on a sliding scale
35 Arlington St.
Why I’m Not Afraid of Mental Health Counseling Anymore
Finding a Mental Health Professional Who’s Right for You
Whole Health Library – Veteran Materials
Breathing and Health
“You ought not to attempt to cure the eyes without the head or the headPlato
without the body, so neither ought you attempt to cure the body without the
soul …. for the part can never be well unless the whole is well.”
Raising Resilient Children Class #3
Kristen Curriden is teaching the 3rd class in her Resilient Children series on Thursday, January 30 at 7pm in the RS room. If you have not attended earlier classes, but would like to join in, you are more than welcome!
Ministering Assignment Updates
There have been some changes made to ministering assignments. If there are changes to your assignment, a member of the RS presidency may have already contacted you, or will shortly. To see those changes go to your account either online at churchofjesuschrist.org or on the LDS tools app. You will need to sync your account on the app to see any changes.